Extract remote interfaces into own module

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 13:21:50 UTC 2014

On Friday, August 08, 2014 02:32:48 PM Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> Am 08.08.2014 um 14:19 schrieb Jiri Kremser <jkremser at redhat.com>:
> > To be honest, it seems over complicated, I just wanted offer another
> > solution, the original split you suggested seems simpler and cleaner.
> I think it also makes it easier to e.g. run more strict checks on the remote
> interface.
> > What "needed Pojo classes" are we talking about? Everything should be in
> > core/domain, right? Do you mean the classes referenced from the jdoc?
> > Like exception, etc.?
> Exceptions and also things like the meanwhile deprecated
> org.rhq.enterprise.server.measurement.MeasurementAggregate

I would like to take the opportunity of this split and to actually deprecate
EVERYTHING in core/domain that isn't directly used by the remote ifaces.
There's a lot of internal stuff in there that really belongs into server/jar
or somewhere else non-public. Deprecating it (and flagging it as internal)
would give us the opportunity to trim down on size of core/domain in RHQ5 (if
actually core/domain survives that kind of earthquake at all ;) ).