RHQ 4.9 released

Elias Ross genman at noderunner.net
Thu Sep 12 19:29:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM, John Sanda <jsanda at redhat.com> wrote:

> The QUORUM level query is done by Cassandra at start up when it checks to
> see whether or not it needs to create the default super user. What errors
> did you hit when you tried installing/upgrading with all three nodes
> running? You will need to go through the upgrade process for each node.
> Since multi-node support was incomplete in 4.8, the easiest/safest thing to
> do might be to decommission two of the nodes (using nodetool) and get
> through the upgrade with a single node. Then go back and re-deploy the
> additional nodes.

I did the decommission, but it seems like it's in a bad state now:

19:19:05,229 ERROR [org.rhq.storage.installer.StorageInstaller] The storage
node reported the following errors while trying to start:

java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException: Cannot add column
family 'users' to non existing keyspace 'system_auth'.
        at
org.apache.cassandra.cql3.QueryProcessor.process(QueryProcessor.java:127)
        at org.apache.cassandra.auth.Auth.setupUsersTable(Auth.java:195)
        at org.apache.cassandra.auth.Auth.setup(Auth.java:129)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.joinTokenRing(StorageService.java:810)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.initServer(StorageService.java:554)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.initServer(StorageService.java:451)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:348)

I'm just going to toss it all out and start fresh. Thanks for your help.