RHQ 4.9 released

Elias Ross genman at noderunner.net
Thu Sep 12 01:47:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:12 PM, John Sanda <jsanda at redhat.com> wrote:

> The cassandra-env.sh script no longer ships with RHQ 4.9. On what
> platform/JRE are you running where you had to change the thread stack size.
> In both 4.8 and 4.9 the installer increases it to 240k if you are running
> OpenJDK with an arch that is one i386, amd64, or i686. I need to go back
> and check, but I want to say that the default size of 180k works fine with
> OpenJDK 7.
>
> This release does not require Java 7. With respect to the storage node,
> extensive testing was done with Java 6.

I was talking about the upgrade script. The jarfile included in that
package was compiled on JDK 7. I believe you that the storage node itself
does not need it.

rhq48-storage-patch.zip

> I have not seen the AuthenticationException before when running the patch
> script. Did you by any chance make changes to the system_auth keyspace?

No, not that I know of. I did sort of hack in the replication stuff, this
is in cassandra.yaml 'seeds'. I didn't touch the keyspace, as far as I know.