RawConfigurations?

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Mon Nov 18 17:25:28 UTC 2013

I'm +1 on reviving and also with a fresh start. The big point of contention around the original design was whether or not raw and structured config should be treated separately. Taken an XML file for example. That is a structured format that we support today. We might also manage it as raw config. One design wanted to keep the raw and structured completely separate. If I choose to manage my XML file as raw config, then I always have to manage it via raw config. The other design approach wanted to basically synchronize back and forth. In the UI for example, I could make a change in the existing config editor and then click a button to see what the raw config looks like, This offers a lot more flexibility for the user at the cost of more complexity particularly for the plugin writer.