Dependency Versions - Makeover

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 17:09:10 UTC 2013

Am 15.03.2013 um 17:39 schrieb John Mazzitelli:
> I like the idea of having everything like this defined in one place (the root pom). If its large, so be it. The alternative is going through our large set of poms to adjust things that we need.

I also like the root pom idea.

But: doesn't that only solve a small part of the puzzle?

If we e.g. support commons-frobnitz:3.15.13
and as7 wants commons-frobnitz:2.12.22
and gwt has a dependency of commons-frobnitz:4.0.0-ALPHA

we still end up with 3 versions of the same library with potentially all the issues

But then I am probably missing something, as I am no maven expert at all