GitHub migration again -- The Plan

Jiri Kremser jkremser at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 19:24:52 UTC 2013

> I don't think this really works, does it?  As soon as some dev makes
> changes to plugins/master/pluginX that depends on core/master's
> snapshot
> version, the non-dev profile that depends on core/release will not
> build. maybe I am confused.

Right. It would required a separate git branch (per repo) for it and back-porting all the changes we made each time we release (= overcomplicated).
The problem with different dependencies (snapshot and release versions) based on currently active mvn profile is that the code is the same and it doesn't work without having different branches for it. One for accepting our changes where we would use the snapshot-like dependencies and one for freezing the state in which everything worked perfectly :]