github, restructuring and versioning

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 11:16:58 UTC 2013

Am 07.03.2013 um 18:10 schrieb John Mazzitelli:
> My other question would be - if the plugin repo's master branch is dependent on the core repo's release branch, where (in what branch of the plugin repo?) do I develop plugins to work with the core repo's master branch?

master - no?

This relies that you have both repos checked out.
After making a change in rhq-core:modules/core you would do a "mvn install" to have the jar in the local maven repo
and then do the mvn install in rhq-plugins:

And when pushing, you need to push on rhq-core: first and then to rhq-plugins:
Jenkins needs to be set up for rhq-plugins: to pull rhq-core: first, build it (or at least
the modules/core artifacts (1)) and then build rhq-plugins: on top of it.

1) to build the plugins, the job does not need any of modules/enterprise and could/should
be parametrized not to build that part at all to provide quick turn-arounds.

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn