new graphs

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 13:32:03 UTC 2013

I have two comments on the new graphs.

1) The fonts in the X and Y axes are fat and fuzzy. Is there anyway we can use better fonts? Its hard to read some of the labels because the letters are so fat and fuzzy they bleed into one other.

See attached font.png as an example. You have to look really hard to read what that Y-axis label is saying. And even though the X-Axis times are readable, they aren't crisp and easy to read.

2) I think the lines that connect the bars should definitely not go down to zero for the "grey" bars - that is, for the times when no collection was made. The lines infer the value of the metric is zero when that is not true - we have no idea what the value is for the metric at that time. To show the line connecting at 0 is misleading. When you look at the graph, they all look saw toothed - as if the metric values are some number, then 0, then some number, then 0 which is not necessarily the case (and probably isn't the case). We should only connect the bars where we have actual values.

See sawtooth.png for what I'm talking about.