GitHub migration again -- The Plan

Stefan Negrea snegrea at redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 16:30:39 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

I am not sure how this would work from the perspective of getting a build out for testing purposes. The fix for core might break something else in the plugins space but there is no way to get feedback for the change in core until post-release of core itself. Since the test driver in this case would be a change or new functionality in a plugin, nothing can be tested with just a core release. The only way to test the change is to have the plugins consume a new release of core.

And what is the recourse if the fix in core is deemed bad (which will happen)? Release another version of core and go through the same process? The need to re-release core will add considerable delays between the time a fix is available and the actual testing for the fix to occurs.

Thank you,
Stefan Negrea