Determining "top-level importsl" using the REST interface

Joseph McIsaac mcisaac at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 21:40:28 UTC 2013

Hello all:

Using the RHQ administration service, a list of Top Level Imports --
Servers can be selected for a given platform.  The question that I have is,
using the REST interface to RHQ, and selecting JSON as the response format,
how can I either request the top level imports for a given platform, or
interrogate the properties of the child resources of a platform to filter
out the top level imports?

For example, here is the JSON response for MySQL, which is a top level
import:

[
   {
      "resourceName":"MySql [mysql]",
      "resourceId":"10007",
      "typeName":"MySql Server",
      "typeId":10621,
      "pluginName":"MySql",
      "parentId":10001,
      "links":[
         {
            "operationDefinitions":{
               "href":"
http://localhost:7080/rest/operation/definitions?resourceId=10007"
            }
         },
         {
            "self":{
               "href":"http://localhost:7080/rest/resource/10007"
            }
         },
         {
            "schedules":{
               "href":"http://localhost:7080/rest/resource/10007/schedules"
            }
         },
         {
            "availability":{
               "href":"
http://localhost:7080/rest/resource/10007/availability"
            }
         },
         {
            "alerts":{
               "href":"http://localhost:7080/rest/resource/10007/alerts"
            }
         },
         {
            "parent":{
               "href":"http://localhost:7080/rest/resource/10001/"
            }
         },
         {
            "coregui":{
               "href":"http://localhost:7080/coregui/#Resource/10007"
            }
         }
      ],
      "ancestry":"10007_:_10001_:_joe-pc"
   }
]

If there is something in the payload that I can use to isolate the top
level import child resources from the non-top levels, or a parameter that
I'm missing that will do the same on the REST call, any assistance is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe McIsaac