Revisit module packaging?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 08:38:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

I think we should try to package the RHQ deployment structure differently and
split out modules like core/domain or server-metrics etc. into their own module,
so that the .ear we deploy will remain as a mostly empty shell.

On top of that, we should shorten the module names -- especially
rhq-enterprise-server-startup-subsystem
but in general, we have all our modules below $INSTALL/modules, so that
they don't clash with $INSTALL/jbossas/modules

So for the module names, we should remove any rhq- prefix

  Heiko