agent-no-start with or without arg?

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 01:16:32 UTC 2013

> See Option.setRequired(boolean)

Does that mean the OPTION is (not) required, or the VALUE is (not) required?

I need the latter, not the former.

I would like these to be valid commands:

rhqctl --foo true
rhqctl --foo false
rhqctl --foo

That last one is the one I'm asking about. "rhqctl --foo" would not take a value (neither true nor false) but it would default to, say, true.

> I generally think things are a bit more clear when stated in the affirmative.
> What about --start-agent where the option does take an argument?

OK, so we change "--agent-no-start" to "--agent-start" (I want it "--agent-start" so the apache cli stuff sorts it in the --help output thus grouped with the rest of the agent options together... all agent options start with "--agent"...) with the default value of "true" if not specified.

I can do that.