How about an annotation processor to create "glue code" and descriptor to convert your code into RHQ plugin?

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Fri Jul 19 17:49:47 UTC 2013

I think that idea is worth exploring, but I wanted to put it out there very
soon to see if others share my view :)

I went ahead and started designing the annotations, so if you feel like you
are interested and would like to shape the future of RHQ, please chime in to

https://github.com/metlos/rhq-plugin-annotation-processor

Note that I originally based this work on what has already been done in the
helpers/pluginAnnotations module of RHQ but I decided to split it off into a
completely separate repository because this needs to go through some serious
design and prototyping before it can become part of the official codebase of
RHQ.

Cheers,

Lukas