upcoming changes to storage node

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Wed Jul 10 15:05:15 UTC 2013

I am in the process of removing native library dependencies from the Cassandra distribution we package with RHQ. This may impact RHQ 4.8 users as well as your dev-container. If Cassandra can load the native snappy library, which is the default compression library, it will use compression on all tables unless explicitly configured otherwise. We need to make sure compression is disabled on all tables. I have written a script in <rhq-src>/etc/scripts/rhq48-storage-patch that will temporarily apply a patch to your storage node so that compression can be turned off on all tables, including system tables.

Prior to committing/pushing the storage node changes, I reply to this email with instructions for running the script against your dev-container. The instructions will require rebuilding your dev-container; however, I have also made changes that allow the storage data directory to be left intact so you do not have to worry about data loss.

- John