injecting overlord in tests

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 03:27:57 UTC 2013

In lots of our server integration tests we obtain and use the overlord. I added a small utility to eliminate the boiler plate as well as the round trips to the database. Instead of doing,

public void myTest() {
    SubjectManagerLocal subjectManager = LookupUtil.getSubjectManager();
    Subject overlord = subjectManager.getOverlord();
    ….
}

you can alternatively do,

public class MyTest {

    @Inject @Overlord
    private Subject overlord;

}

This is more succinct, eliminating the dependency on SubjectManagerLocal for those frequent cases when you only want to get the overlord, and it eliminates the calls to the database.

- John