RHQ 4.6 released

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 21:25:15 UTC 2013

I am happy to announce the immediate availability of RHQ 4.6

Features of this release are:

	• The internal app server is now JBossAS 7.1
	• GWT has been upgraded to version 2.5
	• There is a new installer (this has also changed since the 4.6 alpha release)
	• The REST-Api has been enhanced
	• Korean translations have been added (contributed by SungUk Jeon)
	• Webservices have been removed
	• Building RHQ now requires Java7, but it will still run on Java6

You can download the release from source forge [1].

As mentioned above, the old installer is gone, so make sure to read the wiki document describing how to use the new installer [2].

Maven artifacts are available from the JBoss Nexus repository and should soon also be available from Central.

We also like to say thank you to our contributors for this release:

	• Jürgen Hoffmann
	• Richard Hensman
	• SungUk Jeon

  Heiko on behalf of the RHQ team

1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/rhq/files/rhq/rhq-4.6.0/
2] https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/RHQ/Installing+RHQ+on+JBossAS+7

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn