Logging verbosity

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed Dec 18 08:28:48 UTC 2013

Am 17.12.2013 um 20:38 schrieb Heiko W.Rupp <hrupp at redhat.com>:

> Am 17.12.2013 um 19:00 schrieb Lukas Krejci <lkrejci at redhat.com>:
>> I am personally very much FOR having stacktraces in the log messages, especially in erroneous conditions like this one (i.e. IMHO almost
>
> If our stacktraces would only contain relevant information I would agree.

Meanwhile I also recall the issue here:

the stack trace only showed where the log statement was in the code, but not the cause
(or trace of cause).
And the cause is/was that a resource in inventory was externally removed, so this
trace showed up every time the availability of that resource was supposed to be calculated.