Logging verbosity

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Dec 17 19:38:24 UTC 2013

Am 17.12.2013 um 19:00 schrieb Lukas Krejci <lkrejci at redhat.com>:
> I am personally very much FOR having stacktraces in the log messages, especially in erroneous conditions like this one (i.e. IMHO almost

If our stacktraces would only contain relevant information I would agree.

Spitting out the same 30 lines over and over again does not add any value.
A lot of what is written is stuff inside java.* . Also for above case, the trace
is always the same, and leads to the place you pointed out. That trace
does not tell anything about the cause, which is what we would want in
reality.

We may log the traces at a different level that is off by default though.