Quick Poll on a naming issue...

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Thu Apr 18 19:35:01 UTC 2013

We weren't sure what was best so we're asking for feedback for naming
the new control stuff. There are currently files (and one property) named:

rhqctl.sh
rhqctl.properties
rhqctl.log
-Drhqctl.properties-file

The abbreviation is obviously shorter, and maybe more attractive to the linux population.

An alternative would be:

rhqctl.sh                  --> rhq-control.sh
rhqctl.properties          --> rhq-control.properties
rhqctl.log                 --> rhq-control.log
-Drhqctl.properties-file   --> -Drhq.control.properties-file

This is more aligned to much of our current naming.

Please let us know, thanks.