AS7 work - what should be do before merging into master?

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 15:12:09 UTC 2012

On Sep 26, 2012, at 10:41 PM, Charles Crouch <ccrouch at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

As the majority of development and testing is done in master, I hope we keep this list as small as possible. The example involving unit tests is a good one. I do not think that should delay merging into master since there is going to be a lot of work involved with updating our unit tests that is probably going to take some time. I think it would be nice to see at least a handful of the new, Arquillian based tests that pass prior to merging into master.

Beyond some new working tests, I think the stuff you already have working is a solid set of criteria for a merge. I do not think we need HA, SSL, or even alert script notifications to be checked off for a merge. I would prefer to merge sooner and for known issues in addition to ones we discover, we can open bugs against them and get more people working on these issues.