About Github migration

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 15:57:29 UTC 2012

Maybe we should watch our fellows at JBoss Tools doing their SVN migration and
repository splitting so that we can learn from their mistakes ;)

https://github.com/maxandersen/jbosstools-gitmigration

Also, I do believe the split should be more granular than plugins and the rest
of the codebase - at least core, agent plugins, server plugins, scripting,
server.

Then we have the opportunity for example to move dbutils out of core where it
really doesn't belong, because nothing but server needs it and potentially
other changes.

IMHO, the logistics of the migration is going to be much simpler than the
preparation steps of modifying the build and actually deciding on the
granularity of the repo split. This is a discussion we did not have yet though
- at least not one where we'd come to an agreement on an action plan ;)

Lukas