more installer ideas

Alan Santos asantos at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 13:11:45 UTC 2012

Mazz, not sure if you want comments here or on the wiki.

I read the wiki and it's not clear to me why the "Radical Departure" isn't the preferred approach.  If anything I believe it is more user friendly to those who wish to use RPMs or who want to automate the install and configuration. Not sure if you can do that today with the web configuration.

Also - I don't know that it's going to be strictly necessary to install an RHQ server RPM ontop of an AS 7 RPM. At least from my pov.  If anything there seems to be a little drift away from that idea for other layered products.

-alan