db settings

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 13:33:02 UTC 2012

I thought there was an option in Administration>SystemSettings that lets you tell the server not to perform daily DB maintenance (which is that vacuum).

As for indexes, I believe we purposefully chose not to add that index on RHQ_AVAILABILITY to limit the affect on writes. I can't remember the details. We have performed some DB analysis and opted to not put indexes on some tables, but its been a while and I can't remember all that was decided.

You should write up a Bugzilla issue and document the indexs you think we should need to perhaps some data reports like query plans that you've seen. That could help.