About test failures

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 13:35:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

when I run the RHQ tests in master I see failures:

== server/jar

* find1HourNumericData(org.rhq.enterprise.server.measurement.MeasurementDataManagerBeanTest)  Time elapsed: 0.021 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: The data for bucket 0 does not match the expected values. -- MeasurementDataNumericHighLowComposite objects do not match:
expected.value = 3.3333333333333335
actual.value = NaN

This is consistent when I run the whole test suite , but can not be reproduced when I only run the MeasurementDataManagerBeanTest
via mvn -Dtest=MeasurementDataManagerBeanTest test

I see this failure on OS/X+OpenJDK7 as well as on RHEL6.3 + OpenJDK 1.7.0_9-icedtea

=> The test is failing in jenkins as well from time to time without apparent reason

== plugin container itest
  This is something that probably only I see, but it is consistent for me on OS/X with OpenJDK 7u9

* testProcessInfoAccurateAfterProcessRestart(org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.getnativeprocess.NativeProcessRetrievalTest)  Time elapsed: 2.478 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: Only a single discovery call should have been made to refresh the process info expected:<3> but was:<2>
* testProcessInfoAccurateAfterProcessStarted(org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.getnativeprocess.NativeProcessRetrievalTest)  Time elapsed: 2.018 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: The process info should have been nulled out expected:<0> but was:<928>
* testProcessInfoAccurateWhenProcessStopped(org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.getnativeprocess.NativeProcessRetrievalTest)  Time elapsed: 0.003 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: The process info should have refreshed expected:<0> but was:<928>

== And then there is modules/core/dbutils/src/test/resources/test-databases.properties
where the test database url for dbutils is hardcoded and does not honor the settings
for rhq.test.ds... in the ~/.m2/settings.xml

== as7 integration tests have become less stable for me on OS/X as well. As it looks like the plugin code has not changed, it may
be either OpenJDK7 related or may come from

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn