RHQ/JON Chart Types Decision -- Input needed

Jiri Kremser jkremser at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 12:39:15 UTC 2012

>For aggregate data that has 'min max avg' values, I would expect to
>see that data represented by three lines

+1, or something similar to https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/RHQ/Design-NewChartingLib would be more intuitive than status quo.

I like this d3 example (http://bl.ocks.org/1667367) a lot. It allows user to specify the time range by drag&drop in graph. However, the lazy loading of data from the server might be the issue here.

Four years ago, I was working on project (Prodiag) for Czech branch of Tekelec and we used the Dojo framework for charting and JSNI for integration with GWT, and I have to say, the lvl of complexity might be pretty challenging if two way communication (between JS and Java) is needed. But, of course, it is feasible.

JK