Resource Metric Collection Schedules with in-place editing

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Fri May 4 19:50:55 UTC 2012

Then actually, I think abandoning in-place editing for this view may
make sense.  Bulk edit is a necessary use case and the benefit gained
from in-place edit of one row seems negligible to me.  Two ways of doing
things seems more confusing than the original approach.  In place edits
may still prove useful in other places.

On 5/4/2012 1:40 PM, mike thompson wrote:
> Unfortunately, from an implementation perspective, the two step model would be needed. The grid, when in in-place editing mode only allows single row selections (which makes sense you are editing a single row). So we need an explicit way of switching to batch mode. The grid can't support both modes at the same time so I need to switch grid between batch and in-place editing.
>

> On May 4, 2012, at 10:31 AM, Malini Rao wrote:
>
>> The user is not obligated to click the Batch Edit button first. If they are used to Ctrl+click, then the moment they click on the second row, the batch action panel opens up automatically and the checkboxes for multi-selection become available with the 2 selected rows already checked. The explicit 2-step model is included so that there is no discoverability issue and there is a bucket/ panel where attributes for batch editing can be hidden and not display when not needed.

>>> 2. Reduce the space between the time spinner and the minutes/ time unit drop down.