AS7 Subsystems, Service vs. Server

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 14:24:57 UTC 2012

Am 23.03.2012 um 14:28 schrieb Jay Shaughnessy:
> I totally agree, this drives me crazy.  We completely overuse Server.  I'm not sure why one plugin would even define more than one Server. Every Server should be a top level server.

As so often in this game, AS7 changes a lot to what we were used to.
In domain mode, you have a host controller (domain controller) and several physical server processes
that directly depend on each other.
It makes no sense to define them in different plugins.

Not does it for the server in standalone mode which is 90% like a managed server with embedded host controller.

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn