speed up local builds a bit by disabling animal sniffer

Ian Springer ian.springer at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 19:29:02 UTC 2012

If you want to speed up builds on your local box a bit, you can add the
below to the properties section of some activated profile in your
settings.xml:

            <!-- tell animal sniffer plugin to skip Java API checks -->
            <animal.sniffer.skip>true</animal.sniffer.skip>

I have it in my "dev" profile.

Note, we would *not* want to ever set this option in Jenkins jobs,
because we want Jenkins to validate we're only using Java 6 API's,