Auditing

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 12:36:32 UTC 2012

This is something Jay talked about (and others) a while ago. What we should have done in the beginning was create a generic "Audit Trail" subsystem - and have all the other subsystems log messages there. That way, we don't have N different, isolated "history" trails and N different ways to purge and query them. Unfortunately, we didn't do that - so we have things like (what you see) the operation history audit, we also have rsource config history, plugin config history, etc.

It would be alot of work (though probably doable - maybe not easy to upgrade from old schema to new however) - we could rip out all these isolated history tables and design and build an "Audit" subsystem that all other subsystems can share.