Server side Event bus

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 20:15:51 UTC 2012

While polling, etc. are nice concepts that are quite easy to grasp and
implement, I'd very much like to see some sophisticated event bus solution
employed in RHQ (spanning the server and clients).

We might not see the possibilities or use cases right now but tying ourselves
to a more "primitive" technology (that, after all, the event buses build upon)
would later require us to invest much more time into refactoring/restructuring
the code.

We already discussed the deficiencies of our GUI, which we ran into by choosing
an obsolete development model (GWT pushes the MVP style of development but we
chose swing-like approach, even though we knew about its scalability
problems). Let's try and pick carefully this time.