Update on REST api

Roberto Palmieri palmieri at dis.uniroma1.it
Thu Jan 19 13:36:58 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I'm Roberto Palmieri form Sapienza University of Rome (Italy). Currently my research team is involved, together with Red Hat and other partners, in an European Project on cloud computing named Cloud-TM (www.cloudtm.eu). The aim of Cloud-TM is the development of a self-tuning auto-scaling platform for the development and management of transactional applications for cloud environments.  We decided to use RHQ as a central repository for collecting several statistics related to the workload  and resource usage of the whole platform (e.g. CPUs utilization, memory consumption, JMX modules). In the next months, we will deliver additional modules responsible of post-processing raw data collected by RHQ through external engines like the "R" framework or custom modules that implement workload forecasting models.
Moreover, in order to support elastic scaling mechanisms of the platform, we are planing to use the alert notification engine, already offered by RHQ, to define rules also on the results of the latter "external" computation. In this context, the advent of the feature offered by RHQ REST API with which we will push metrics toward the central repository has very welcome.

In the web site you can find more information about the document already delivered by the partners and in particular in the deliverable D3.2 Prototype of the Workload Analyzer.

We are planning to use the mailing list to ask/inform you on the next steps of the project.

Best

Roberto Palmieri

Ph.D. in Computer Engineering
"Sapienza" Università di Roma
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica "Antonio Ruberti"
Via Ariosto 25 (1st floor, room B120)
I-00185 Roma, Italy
E-mail: palmieri at dis.uniroma1.it
Web Site: www.dis.uniroma1.it/~palmieri/