Availability enhancements

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 18:24:49 UTC 2012

Last September the RHQ team had a face to face meeting and one of our
topics of discussion was availability collection and reporting.  We did
some brainstorming generated an informal list of weaknesses and possible
enhancements.  Recently we've had time to revisit the list, flesh out
some ideas, and implement some changes in a feature branch (jshaughn/avail).

I've put together a wiki page that summarizes the original list and also
the resulting enhancements.  Please feel free to review and comment.

http://rhq-project.org/display/RHQ/Design-Availability+Checking

Initial implementation of the changes is complete, but the branch is
still in active development for testing, revision and possibly more
impl.  It is not yet scheduled to be merged into master and will not be
in  RHQ 4.3.