Cassandra Plugin

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 14:45:13 UTC 2012

The maven plugin can be helpful in some situations, but I do not think it is the best option here. I made good use of the maven plugin when I first started doing some prototyping. It uses an embedded instance of Cassandra. You have no control over the version of Cassandra used. Using a different version of Cassandra   requires using a different version of the maven plugin. A better option for integration tests IMO is https://github.com/pcmanus/ccm. With ccm you can specify the version of Cassandra to use and it builds the version from source. You can control logging and also have a lot of nodetool functionality.