RHQ Charting Type meeting recording

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 11:03:43 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Following the hangout.

At the risk of looking simple minded, I find the whiskers and whiskers
and bars graphs a little complicated :)

I may not already fully understand our users need but I find simple line
graphs eloquent enough as a default.

I understand the concern of not giving the feeling to our users that we
take "continuous" measures. In the past I have used drraw (a popular
front end for RRDtool) and this is how line shapes look like in this tool:

http://www.neces.com/tmp/drraw_dashboard.png
http://wiki.monitoring-fr.org/_media/xcollectd-load.png.pagespeed.ic.HpUNTxVjH8.png
http://open-systems.ufl.edu/static/rrd/drraw.cgi?View=-1&Graph=1350496407.3672&Start=end+-+1+hour&End=now&Mode=view&Shift=&Count=

I don't know if this type of shape is possible with d3js.

Just wanted to share my opinion.

Thomas

Note: University of Florida has is drraw instance open if you want to
see other graphs http://open-systems.ufl.edu/static/rrd/drraw.cgi