Saving the credentials by browser on login page

Jiri Kremser jkremser at redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 14:36:45 UTC 2012

Hi,
 I've found this page [1] and I am trying to get this idea working. Lukas suggested the values can be obtained from the hidden form by JS (DOM manipulation). But there will be probably necessary to do the other way i.e. to fill the form and submit it with some kind of no-op somehow on the background to let the browser to store it. Other option could be to use the cookies com.google.gwt.user.client.Cookies.{get|set}Value() but I am not sure about storing the password in plaintext somewhere in the cookie without asking the user.

Browser does basically the same, but at least it asks :]

[1] http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit-incubator/wiki/LoginSecurityFAQ#auto-complete_and_GWT