On-Demand Service Discovery Scans

Stefan Negrea snegrea at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 02:17:49 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Renamed the method to requestDeferredChildResourcesDiscovery to align the interface with AvailabilityContext naming conventions.

> Otherwise it looks good to me.
>
> I wonder if it would make sense to implement a synchronous
> counterpart.
> First and foremost for testing purposes, but I can imagine that some
> plugin
> code could also use that for more sophisticated workflows.

Good point! I implemented the blocking method too, just in case any future plugins will require this functionality. For AS7 I do not see this being used but I am sure there could some cases in the future.

Commit for all these changes:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/rhq/rhq.git/commit/?h=stefan/inventorycontext&id=2b17808e9bff072776c7ecada992d33c34203155