Agent security token again

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 13:19:42 UTC 2012

Am 11.04.2012 um 15:15 schrieb John Mazzitelli:

> But in production, that may not be what the person should do. An agent is already registered with the given name in this case - what if they may be trying to start another agent, perhaps on another machine, and either "mistakenly" or "on purpose" attempted to re-use an already used agent name. In this case, we don't WANT them to use -D to use that already existing agent's token! That would be very bad - it would mean the production user now has two agents running (or at least attempting to run) with the same security token. Now, if they are on different machines, it will still fail with a different error, but the point being, if we told them to use -D, it STILL wouldn't work and they'd now be doubly confused ("but I did what the error message told me to do!").

Also in this case, if the -D is not displayed at the agent message (why does it repeatedly try to register when it has no token anyway),
we could display the -Drhq.bla at the agent page in the server UI where the token is shown.
In my case I knew this must be somewhere on the wiki - but in production, the guy that is struggling with this probably has less time
to search various places to find this.

And yes, I should probably open a BZ ...

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn