About GSoC 2012

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Sun Apr 8 09:57:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

so the submission period is over and no more new proposals are accepted.
Thank you all for your submissions!

We (jboss.org) will now go through the proposals and report to Google the number
of slots we want to have.
Google will then on April 23th announce the proposals accepted[1].

As in the past years the number of good proposals have far outnumbered the
total number of students, Google wants to support, I fear that not all proposals
will be accepted into GSoC.

Obviously some students will get selected. The best among the best proposals.
But disregarding whether you get selected or not you can keep contributing
towards the project.

The friendly community will always help you. So feel free to be a part
of the community.

   Heiko

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn