Code formatting

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 13:52:53 UTC 2012

Am 04.04.2012 um 15:49 schrieb Stefan Negrea:
>>> public some long signature that
>>>   wraps in the second line {
>>>   here thestatements begin without a space
>>>
>>> Can we please adhere to our freaking conventions? Perhaps change
>>> them slightly
>>> to make the above case look like:
>>>
>>> public some long signature that
>>>   wraps in the second line
>>> {
>>>   here thestatements begin and you can even see it

I mostly mind for start of method braces here:

    public OperationResult invokeOperation(String name, Configuration parameters) throws InterruptedException,
        Exception {
        if ("revert".equals(name)) {
            try {
                revertFromBackupFile();

In this wrapped case, you have no direct visual indicator where the real code starts.
With

    public OperationResult invokeOperation(String name, Configuration parameters) throws InterruptedException,
        Exception {

        if ("revert".equals(name)) {
            try {
                revertFromBackupFile();

you do

and with

    public OperationResult invokeOperation(String name, Configuration parameters) throws InterruptedException,
        Exception
    {
        if ("revert".equals(name)) {
            try {
                revertFromBackupFile();

also

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn