Code formatting

Romain Pelisse belaran at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 09:42:53 UTC 2012

I would suggest using Checkstyle and/or Eclipse format On Save to ensure
this kind of convention. You can also commit eclipse configuration file to
git to ensure people, by default, use the appropriate convention...

On 4 April 2012 10:39, Heiko W.Rupp <hrupp at redhat.com> wrote:

> While I am not a big fan of our code formatting conventions of
>
> public some long signature that
>   wraps in the second line {
>   here thestatements begin without a space
>
> Can we please adhere to our freaking conventions? Perhaps change them
> slightly
> to make the above case look like:
>
> public some long signature that
>   wraps in the second line
> {
>   here thestatements begin and you can even see it
>
> BTW, the JBoss-guidelines that are referred in ours use
>
>   public void startService() throws Exception
>   {
>
> So I've adjusted our document
>
> I think for XML we never had the convention of using an indent of 2 spaces.
> It is fine with me, but then lets all do it.
>
> Also in Java we seem to randomly use 3 and 4 spaces; the JBoss guidelines
> use 3 spaces, so should we
>
> Current conventions are here:
>
> http://rhq-project.org/display/RHQ/Coding+Standards

Romain PELISSE,
*"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will
insist on coming along and trying to put things in it" -- Terry Pratchett*
http://belaran.eu/wordpress/belaran