[gsoc12] Implement a big screen dashboard for RHQ

manu [ranga] rcmperera at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:58:34 UTC 2012

I am interested in $subject idea and currency preparing a proposal.

background:
During my last year's internship at WSO2[1] I did a somewhat similar
project. it allows the users to generate dashboards containing various
types of visualizations. Data is pulled via Ajax and graphs are updated
dynamically. Users can configure types, size and placement of graphs.
It’s integrated to WSO2 BAM 2 alpha [2] release so far. I have a very
good grasp on javascript, java and interested in data visualization.

Requirement as I understood it:
1. User select "create new dashboard"
2. A wizard will guide the user through visualization configuration steps.
3. It will let user to select data source (metric), size, type, color,
   positioning etc.
4. Dashboard war will be published and user will receive a URL to access it.

I would appreciate if you can clarify some of the following questions:
1. It this implementing going to be independent of the GWT base
   visualizations currently exists.
2. Should users be allowed to change/edit already created dashboard?
3. is there any required function points I missed?

thank you.

[1] http://wso2.com/
[2] http://dist.wso2.org/products/bam/2.0.0-alpha2/wso2bam-2.0.0-ALPHA2.zip

--