new AS7 itest: GenericJBossAS7PluginTest.testAllMetricsHaveNonNullValues()

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 20:36:56 UTC 2012

Am 02.04.2012 um 16:54 schrieb Ian Springer:

> I added a new AS7 itest that attempts to collect all defined numeric metrics and traits for every discovered Resource. It then asserts that all metrics return non-null values. The test is currently failing with the following results:
>
> testAllMetricsHaveNonNullValues(org.rhq.modules.plugins.jbossas7.itest.GenericJBossAS7PluginTest): Metrics with null values by type: {
>  ResourceType[id=0, name=DataSource, plugin=jboss-as-7, category=Service]=[PreparedStatementCacheCurrentSize, PreparedStatementCacheMissCount, PreparedStatementCacheAddCount, PreparedStatementCacheAccessCount, PreparedStatementCacheDeleteCount, PreparedStatementCacheHitCount, AverageBlockingTime, ActiveCount, CreatedCount, MaxCreationTime, TotalCreationTime, AvailableCount, MaxUsedCount, TotalBlockingTime, AverageCreationTime, DestroyedCount],

Those have moved into

statistics=pool
and
statistics=jdbc

[standalone at localhost:9999 statistics=pool] cd ../statistics=

jdbc   pool
[standalone at localhost:9999 statistics=pool] cd ../statistics=jdbc
[standalone at localhost:9999 statistics=jdbc] :read-resource(include-runtime=true)
{
    "outcome" => "success",
    "result" => {
        "PreparedStatementCacheAccessCount" => "0",
        "PreparedStatementCacheAddCount" => "0",
        "PreparedStatementCacheCurrentSize" => "0",
        "PreparedStatementCacheDeleteCount" => "0",
        "PreparedStatementCacheHitCount" => "0",
        "PreparedStatementCacheMissCount" => "0"
    }
}

>  ResourceType[id=0, name=Managed Server, plugin=jboss-as-7, category=Server]=[startTime],

Not sure about this one -- did that ever exist or did we just add it globally ?

>  ResourceType[id=0, name=Transactions Subsystem, plugin=jboss-as-7, category=Service]=[number-of-nested-transactions, number-of-timed-out-transactions, number-of-committed-transactions, number-of-transactions, number-of-heuristics, number-of-aborted-transactions, number-of-inflight-transactions, number-of-application-rollbacks, number-of-resource-rollbacks]

Those are present in standalone mode :

[standalone at localhost:9999 subsystem=transactions] :read-resource(include-runtime=true)
{
    "outcome" => "success",
    "result" => {
        "default-timeout" => 300,
        "enable-statistics" => false,
        "enable-tsm-status" => false,
        "jts" => false,
        "node-identifier" => "1",
        "number-of-aborted-transactions" => 0L,
        "number-of-application-rollbacks" => 0L,
        "number-of-committed-transactions" => 0L,
        "number-of-heuristics" => 0L,
        "number-of-inflight-transactions" => 0L,
        "number-of-nested-transactions" => 0L,
        "number-of-resource-rollbacks" => 0L,
        "number-of-timed-out-transactions" => 0L,
        "number-of-transactions" => 0L,
        "object-store-path" => "tx-object-store",
        "object-store-relative-to" => "jboss.server.data.dir",
        "path" => "var",

I think they may be failing in domain mode because you do not get the stats on the
HC level (AS7 can't do that), but those have to be grabbed at managed server
level:

[domain at localhost:9999 subsystem=transactions] :read-resource(include-runtime=true)
{
    "outcome" => "success",
    "result" => {
        "default-timeout" => 300,
        "enable-statistics" => false,
        "enable-tsm-status" => false,
        "jts" => false,
        "node-identifier" => "1",
        "number-of-aborted-transactions" => 0L,
        "number-of-application-rollbacks" => 0L,
        "status-socket-binding" => "txn-status-manager"
    }
}
[domain at localhost:9999 subsystem=transactions] pwd
/host=master/server=server-one/subsystem=transactions

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn