key and default name for AS7 Server Resources

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 10:44:59 UTC 2011

Ian,

Am 30.08.2011 um 16:45 schrieb Ian Springer:

> I noticed the jboss home dir (e.g. /opt/jboss-as-7.0.1.Final) is used as
> the key and default name for AS7 Server Resources. Is this safe? In
> earlier versions of AS, you could run multiple server instances out of
> the same home dir, so we used the server config dir
> (/opt/jboss-6.0.0.Final/server/config/default) as the key. And for the
> default name we used the hostname + port.

Interesting question. For Domain mode, I only expect one "instance"
to be run out of one directory.
For Standalone mode I could imagine users running more than one
instance, but as e.g. deployment directories are not below something
like /<config>/deploy, but would share the same, I think AS7 does not
"allow" this and the current resource key should be fine.

  Heiko