a few more suggestions for the as7 plugin

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 15:25:25 UTC 2011

Ian,

Am 08.09.2011 um 21:00 schrieb Ian Springer:

> 1) I noticed that datasources are created via an operation on the
> datasources singleton Resource, rather than via the usual
> create-child-resource mechanism. This is inconsistent with how all of
> our other plugins expose child creation.

This is known and on the list of things to be fixed. Unfortunately it depends (depended?)
on work in the GWT UI, which prevented to use the create child mechanism.

> 2) I like the singleton Resources for the various subsystems, because in
> addition to grouping similar child services, they provide a place to put
> subsystem-wide metrics, operations, and configurations. I'd rename these
> to "Foo Subsystem" rather than just "foo" to stress that they are
> singletons and represent subsystems (similar to what was done in the
> rhq-server plugin).

Good idea. It is also planned to put stuff into subcategories like in the other
AS-plugins, but that is scheduled for later.

> 4) I don't see any JMS/HornetQ related Resources. Are those on the roadmap?

They should be in - if you start the AS server in the right configuration.
AS 7.0.? in web profile does not include them. You need to start the preview
profile.

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn