Alerts: woe is me...

John Mazzitelli jmazzite at redhat.com
Wed Oct 26 15:39:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 08:33 -0700, Steven North wrote:
> Mazz,
>
> Thanks.  I wound up doing essentially what you suggested, though I just
> used a regular Thread to do the waiting and the getSnapshotReport()
> call.  Do you think there is any advantage to using a Quartz-scheduled
> job versus a plain Thread that waits?

Whatever works :) After I posted, I was actually wondering if you'd be
able to write a quartz job and get it to run because I'm not sure if
classes in your server plugin will be visible via quartz' classloader
(I'm not convinced they are). So, if you got it to work using a separate
threading solution, I would say keep it that way.

If you can, see if you can replicate that problem with a simple
example/test code and document in a bugzilla.