should we fetch all children, rather than only viewable children, when user selects a node in the Resource tree?

Ian Springer ian.springer at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 17:58:25 UTC 2011

In the else block in ResourceTreeDatasource.executeFetch(), we may want
to consider fetching ResourceLineageComposites, as we do for the initial
data, so that we can display locked nodes for any child nodes of the
selected node that are not viewable. That would allow the user to select
one of those locked child nodes and see its children, which potentially
*could* be viewable. In such a scenario, where the user has view access
to a Resource, but not its parent, the only way they could currently get
to the Resource is by selecting it from one of the Resource list views.