tx aborted errors in AlertConditionCacheCoordinator

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 16:54:45 UTC 2011

That is already throttled - that's our concurrency limits.

http://rhq-project.org/display/JOPR2/Startup+Properties#StartupProperties-ConcurrencyLimits

If a box isn't beefy enough, you can lower the concurrency limit on your server. The one for measurement reports is:

rhq.server.concurrency-limit.measurement-report

from the docs on that wiki page:

"Measurement reports are sent to the server periodically whenever the agent completes measurement collections. The number of measurement reports vary as do their size, depending on the number and frequency of measurements that are scheduled to be collected. The greater the number of schedule measurements the agent needs to collect, the more frequently measurement reports are sent and the larger they are."

So across all agents, measurement reports are throttled. The only question is - do we want to serialize measurement report processing on a per agent basis. So far, we haven't had anyone report problems here - not sure if we want to optimize this.