GWT emulated stack traces

Ian Springer ian.springer at redhat.com
Fri Oct 7 14:48:11 UTC 2011

I just discovered that GWT has support for emulated stack traces, which
means that even in production mode, it can emulate Java stack traces
when exceptions occur. In order to enable it, you have to generate
symbol maps at GWT compile time. We should look into turning this on if
the symbol maps don't take up too much disk space. It will make it much
easier for us to debug exceptions during development when not using
hosted mode, as well as to debug exceptions reported by users.

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/WebModeExceptions