mod_cluster plugin version

John Mazzitelli jmazzite at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 13:44:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 23:50 -0500, Stefan Negrea wrote:
> Should we also remove this from the skeleton-plugin and
> custom-jmx-plugin templates?

No, we don't need to do that - the samples are for community devs to use
to see how to build a plugin outside of having the RHQ source. The way
the samples have their versions are valid. Remember, they are examples
for people to follow - show we are essentially showing them "here is
where you can put your version string in your descriptor".

We just do it differently in the RHQ base plugins and don't use the
version attribute. Rather than use the version attribute in the XML, we
use the MANIFEST.MF Implementation-Version since the maven
infrastructure tags all jars with the RHQ Version string. And we want
our plugins to have their versions track the RHQ Version after every
build. The samples just show you don't have to do that - you can tag
your plugins with a version in XML and thus don't have to track the
maven build version as found in the manifest.