commit information in BZ

Robert Buck rbuck at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 13:23:57 UTC 2011

On 11/14/2011 03:20 AM, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> Am 14.11.2011 um 08:37 schrieb Lukas Krejci:
>
>> So you definitely don't need to browse the web UI to get to the commit URL,
>> but rather have the URL template stored somewhere and just append the commit
>> hash to it.
> And so could people that want to use the fedorahosted repo to look at commits.
> Or get the fedorahosted git frontend search fixed to allow for hashes in the search box
>
> Btw. that search box allows to enter e.g. BZ 123456 which allows to see all
> commits with that subject across all branches.
>
>    Heiko

-1

You know, there are tools for this that other projects have been using
for years now...

We can alternatively get a real bug tracking system like other groups
use, namely JIRA. JIRA has a plugin that monitors the commits and
automatically hooks in the trackers. Then this is all automatic, and you
can configure the tracker anyway you want and gain consistency.

Perhaps BZ also has a plugin that does this which is currently disabled?
But, I'd still recommend dropping BZ.